The Environment Committee typically meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 6pm. All D10 Como Park meetings are open to the public and have space for community members to bring topics for discussion. This month’s meeting will be held hybrid in person at the Como Streetcar Station (1224 Lexington) and via Zoom.
Environment Recurring Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 816 5645 6655
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,81656456655#,,,,*1234567#
Call in to meeting: +1 312 626 6799
D10 Como Community Council – AGENDA
Como Streetcar Station and Zoom(Link) – (Call-in info above)
September 6, 2023 – 6:00-7:00 PM
- Call to order
- Land Acknowledgement
- Welcome and introductions
- Adopt the agenda and confirm minutes are being taken
Community members may bring topics & concerns to the committee
- Passive House Presentation
- ‘Make and Take’ Rain Barrel Workshops (Friends of the Mississippi)
- Registration required, $45
- Sundays, Sept. 17 & Oct. 8
- First Ever: ‘Snow Summit’ – Sat. Oct. 14 (Public Works Facility on Dale)
- They’re looking for alley captains for 9-11am networking
- 11-2pm is open to the public.
- In-Person Backyard Composting Presentation
- At the Harvest Festival (Jacob Ristow)
- 2023 Como Curb Cleanup October & November (Action Item)
- Lake Como Cleanup September 23; 9am – noon (Mike Ireland)
- CRWD Como Lake Walking Tours (Mike Ireland)
- Lawns to Legumes General update (Jessica Willman)
- East Como Blvd Crossing
- Inquiry from August meeting
- August board actions
- No actions requested by our committee
UPCOMING D10 EVENTS
- Tues. Sept. 12, 5:30-7pm – Como Lake Walking Tour 1 (registration Sign Up)
- Sat. Sept. 16, 8am-1pm – City Wide Drop Off @ Fairgrounds (Volunteer Sign Up)
- Mon. Sept. 18, 5:30-7pm – Como Lake Walking Tour 2 (registration Sign Up)
- Sat, Sept. 23, 9am-Noon – Lake Como Cleanup (Vol. Registration)
- Sat. Sept. 30, 10am-Noon – Como Park Tree Trek
- October & November – 2023 Como Curb Cleanup (Vol. Registration)
- Sat, Oct. 7 – Harvest Festival @ Tilden Park (Volunteer Sign Up)
- Oct. 17, 9am-3pm – Como Zoo Blood Drive
- More upcoming events at district10comopark.org/Events
UPCOMING D10 MEETINGS
- Sept. 6, 7:15pm – Neighborhood Relations Committee
- Sept. 19, 6pm – Land Use Committee
- Sept. 19, 7:15pm – D10 Board Meeting
- Oct. 4, 6pm – Environment Committee
- Oct. 4, 7:15pm – Neighborhood Relations Committee
About D10 Committee Meetings
RESPECT: D10 meetings are open to ALL community members. Please respect other voices and opinions. Try to keep discussion input brief and leave space for those who aren’t as comfortable speaking up at public meetings (if you’ve already spoken on a subject or asked a question, give others a chance before you speak again).
VIRTUAL/HYBRID: Technology has increased our reach to more people, but as we adjust to new features, it’s important to keep other’s experience in mind. Please use the raise hand feature or indicate in the chat if you’d like to speak, and know that those attending in person can’t always see the chat comments. Our board and meeting leaders are all volunteers, and are still learning and adapting to new meeting tech as well, please bear with us as we work to improve our meetings!
MOTIONS: D10 uses Robert’s Rules of order, often especially relaxed in committee meetings, but occasionally motions are brought to the floor, mostly for action items (below). Our bylaws state that D10 community members in attendance are members of committees, except disciplinary committees, with the right to make motions, vote, and speak in debate.
- Motions require a first (“I move to…”),
- A second (“I second the motion”),
- Then, following “any additional discussion”, the motion is voted on.
- Note: All community members in attendance may vote in D10 committees.
ACTION ITEMS: These are an important part of our organization process, but can be confusing at first. Action Items approved at committee meetings are sent to the full D10 board for approval. Board members may bring Action Items (AIs) to the board independently as well, but AIs approved by committees only require a second at board meetings. You can view many examples of past action items here on Google Drive.
QUORUM: This is a term that refers to meeting attendance and whether a meeting is considered “official”. D10 bylaws define quorum for committee meetings as “a majority of the D10 Board members” assigned to the committee. In practice, this becomes a mostly semantic matter, as we still hold a meeting even if quorum is not met, notes are still taken and submitted to the board. Motions and votes cannot be made, but Action Items could be submitted to the full board individually by any board members present.
MISC. GLOSSARY: D10 meetings often use acronyms or reference partner organizations and City departments, as well as ongoing projects that new attendees might not be familiar with. Below are links for common references, if there’s anything you think should be added, please ask or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CRWD – Capitol Region Watershed District
- CWOC – Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom
- Como Seed Library
- D10 Sub-Districts
- DSI – St. Paul Department of Safety & Inspections
- St. Paul Public Works Department
- PED – St. Paul Planning & Economic Development Department
- St. Paul Parks & Recreation