By: Laura Oyen
Our quick transition from winter to summer also meant it was time to work on the Midway Parkway Gardens! The first round of spring clean-up and flower planting has occurred. Notices were posted in the D10 newsletter, Park Bugle and the Como Monitor. Signs were put up near the gardens. But, there may have been some confusion! We received several fun comments about how people read or accidentally misread the signs we posted. The confusion between the words weeding and wedding became apparent so we thought we would offer these thoughts!
- If you are going to a wedding the weeded gardens make a nice spot for pictures!
- If you are weeding the gardens, going to a wedding after is optional!
- Anyone can take a moment to weed, but weddings usually take more than a moment.
- You don’t need a group to weed, but usually there is a group at a wedding.
- After a wedding you may weed out pictures, but pictures are always best after a garden is weeded!
A special thank you to the neighbors who helped kick-off this summer’s garden clean up and planting. Weeding and socializing is done every other week during the summer and we really need more folks to help keep the gardens looking their best!
If you can’t make the time and dates on the signs, please feel free anytime you are walking by to: STOP! DROP! And WEED!