At the June 20, 2023 D10 Land Use committee meeting we spoke with Brett Hussong and Max Sell – City of St Paul Landscape Designers from St. Paul Parks and Rec, to understand more about the plan to convert the Orchard Rec courts from tennis to pickle ball.
- The city has shared plans for a project to convert the two tennis courts at Orchard Rec Center (875 Orchard Ave) intothree dedicated pickleball courts later this year.
- The scope of work for the project includes conversion of tennis courts to dedicated pickleball courts, retaining wall repair (pending structural review), additional court amenities, and site furnishing updates.
- Brett Hussong and Max Sell – City of St Paul Landscape Design in attendance to answer questions about the plan
- Communication and questions can be sent to Max Sell with St. Paul Parks and Recreation: ph: 651.266.6487 or email Max.Sell@ci.stpaul.mn.us.
- You can visit the city’s Athletic Courts Project Page for more information and updates