At the October 7, 2021 Land Use Committee Meeting we heard from St. Paul Parks & Rec Lead Landscape Architect Anne Gardner about the final plans for the Como Pavilion and Golf Course Parking lot upgrades coming in the next year.
The Land Use Committee gave feedback over the last year and a half and seeing some of the changes implemented in the final plans was a rewarding experience. We will update with construction and closure schedules after a contractor is hired for the project.
You can view the entire presentation and the questions from the community attendees below.
- Plan adds 4 spaces to South lot, added 6ft of pedestrian pathway, and a non-motorized boat launch.
- Adds storm water basin retention ponds before run-off goes into the lake.
- Additional plans for a structure to enclose the Pavilion Trash (not part of this project though)
- Adds storm water basin retention ponds
- Removes 4 spaces near pavilion to help traffic route.
- Bollards or gate to keep confused people out of Pavilion trash/loading area
- Added a 10ft bike trail where combined trail section is now.
- Existing Rain garden between lot and Pavilion will now be one of the storm water basins.
Golf Course Lot
- Losing 1 parking space (157 proposed)
- Maintaining the general layout