The city partners with local district councils to organize annual citywide drop-off events for residents to properly dispose of large refuse items and recyclable materials not collected via the residential recycling program. District 10 helps coordinate the event held annually at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds.
*If you are a senior in the Como area and would like your items picked up from your home, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, Sept. 13. Everything must be outside in front of your house by 8am Saturday, Sept 18. Rates below apply.
We are looking for volunteers to help us with the September 18 Citywide Drop-Off event at the State Fairgrounds. The event is from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and there are two volunteer shifts (7:30 a.m.-11 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.).
Volunteers also get a voucher for a free drop-off. If you have any questions about volunteering, please email email@example.com.
September 18, 2021 at MN State Fairgrounds (Northeast Corner of Fairgrounds)
- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Accepted items listed below.
- Enter from Eastbound Larpenteur Ave
Accepted Items & Pricing
Accepted Items (has changed from previous years):
- $5 – Electronics without screens (VCRs/DVD players, printers, etc.)
- $10 – Items with screens (TVs, monitors, tablets, etc.)
- $25 – TVs over 60″
- $10 – General Appliances (microwaves, dehumidifiers, dryers, washers, water heaters, etc.)
- $20 – Air Conditioners
- Mattresses and box springs
- $5 – each
- Items Accepted at No Charge
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Confidential Papers for Shredding
- Items Accepted for Donation
- Non-perishable foods